Torque provides exceptional opportunities for people to grow and advance, professionally and personally.
We offer benefits such as free onsite parking, company pension scheme and employee discounts across a range of retailers.
Send us your application and someone will be in touch to advise you of next steps.
Send us your application and, if you are successful, someone will be in touch to advise you of next steps.
Job ID: WO6 Customs
Closing Date: 11th December 2019
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Customs Manager to join our team based at our Wortley site, Leeds. The purpose of this role is to manage and support the smooth running of the Customs Department.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Manage the customs/CFSP team in the smooth running of the department including staff coaching, training and monitoring of performance.
- Liaise with customers and colleagues to resolve any customs related queries or problems, such as CHIEF errors and classification enquiries.
- Maintain accurate filing and archiving of import/export records, preference evidence etc.
- Ensure full compliance of all documentation and updates on systems.
- Build relationships with customers to support compliance/growth and improvements.
- Preparation and distribution of reports – internal and external to meet company and customer demands.
- Warehouse and duty management system interrogation and problem solving.
- Creation and updating of databases
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the latest customs processes and procedures
- Assist in the maintenance and research of new and existing internal customs SOPs and CDS roll out.
- Import and export entry audits / Customs Warehouse audits / CFSP audits / ETSF audits
- Assistance in the maintenance of IP and OP customer records
- Assisting Head of Customs in customs procedures and authorisations/re-authorisations/updates
- Excellent interpersonal skills including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a customs facing role with knowledge of customs procedures, regulations and policy.
- Knowledge of CFSP and Customs Warehouse procedures.
- Knowledge of standard customs documents and procedures.
- Experience in freight forwarding
- A good level of numeracy
- An understanding of current health and safety regulations.
- Understanding of basic employment law
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Able to use initiative and organise own workload
- Able to motivate a team
- A flexible approach to work and the ability to work with changing demands
- Good maths and written skills
- Problem solving and attention to detail
- Customer relations
- Strong IT skills – word and excel are essential
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of all tasks and/or duties within the role of Customs Manager.
Please send us your details and CV if you have one. Don’t forget to include the Job ID below to ensure your details are passed to the correct department.